Author Topic: my Classic says GOT COMM? on the screen.  (Read 1398 times)

Halfcrazy

• Administrator
my Classic says GOT COMM? on the screen.
« on: March 05, 2011, 11:18:38 AM »
This message is telling you that the MNGP "Display" is not able to communicate with the Classic. The most common cause of this would be that the address the MNGP is looking at got changed to one that is not on the network. When at the Home screen or main status screen there will be a word in the middle at the top. On a single Classic this should say Classic if it does not say this then you need to use the up and down arrows to find Classic. The MNGP should regain communications when this is set correctly.
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

WindFarmer

• Newby
Re: my Classic says GOT COMM? on the screen.
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 07:50:13 PM »
Halfcrazy.....I use a MNGP to set up and change parameters on a couple of Classic Lites I have installed for 2 of my of customers..... when I plug it into the classic Lites (after powering down) I am getting a "Got Comm? message on the MNGP with a "01" instead of "Classic" in the upper middle portion of the MNGP.....there are no battery voltage or pv voltage showing (00).....I used the up arrow and down arrows  on the MNGP but did not change.....any thoughts?

Halfcrazy

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 08:00:02 PM »
Hm so are you saying there is physically no PV or battery power to the classic and the MNGP is still lighting up? Are the Classics networked to each other in follow me?

Ryan

WindFarmer

• Newby
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 08:45:08 PM »
there is physically batt and pv power to the classic but it shows "0" volts........2 different Classic Lites.....no networking.

Halfcrazy

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 09:00:49 PM »
Ah ok. So you say it says 01 instead of classic. Sounds like it got off the address somehow. Try holding the left arrow and tapping the up arrow until you get to 10 and see if it fixes the issue.

Ryan

WindFarmer

• Newby
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2013, 02:48:42 PM »
Ryan
That worked.....This happened on both of the Classic Lites...I hooked up the same MNGP to my Regular Classic at home and it displayed everything I would expect it to.....I'm sorry I failed to mention that I had just uploaded firmware 1370 to the 2 blind Classics (without the MNGP attached)...could this have been the cause? Thanks for the help.